Unable to upload avatar

I tried to upload a avatar, even after resizing it myself.

When I do, I get this message:
An error occurred.

Sorry, the page you are looking for is currently unavailable.
Please try again later.

If you are the system administrator of this resource then you should check the error log for details.

Faithfully yours, nginx.

0weBm80.png

What should I do?

Comments

• Unfortunately nothing you can do. This is a known issue and avatars are just unavailable at the current moment.
  • stitch wrote:
    Unfortunately nothing you can do. This is a known issue and avatars are just unavailable at the current moment.

That's unfortunate. How long has it been an issue?
  • That's unfortunate. How long has it been an issue?
    For quite a while now. Everyone is just crazy busy and I don't even know where it is installed.

Anyway, have you tried uploading an avatar from a URL? I think that worked. Just don't make me regret suggesting that.

PS, please shorten your sig.
  • >Someguy, URL avatar...ing doesn't work on my end.

I will state, however, avatars uploaded <=100x100px will oddly work.
  • The current setting for maximum size is 192x192. And I do see some other fairly recent users with avatars. That error page probably does represent a PHPBB error page that would normally tell you what you are doing wrong. There are a few other pages that have similar issues. So if you find one that PHPBB likes, it might still take it.
  • SomeGuy wrote:
    PS, please shorten your sig.

Better?
  • SomeGuy wrote:
    The current setting for maximum size is 192x192. And I do see some other fairly recent users with avatars. That error page probably does represent a PHPBB error page that would normally tell you what you are doing wrong. There are a few other pages that have similar issues. So if you find one that PHPBB likes, it might still take it.

Well, I've found that 192x192 doesn't seem to work.