Is anyone else having difficulties with Mirror 2?

edited June 2016 in Site Issues
Since all the other mirrors are down, I can only download from Mirror 2. That mirror is VERY SLOW to respond...
I have to wait at least 5 minutes before I am asked to Run or Save... I am only downloading Windows 95 RTM and it says it needs 1 hour and 6 minutes! Usually on my internet a 22 MB file would take seconds.

IS ANYONE ELSE HAVING THIS ISSUE??? :evil:

I know it isn't WinWorld's fault, (because they are just awesome) but surely there must be a faster way?!?

Comments

• Yes, it's extra slow today. Too many people downloading Microsoft BOB :P

There are some improvements in the works, but it will take time. Please be patient.
  • I noticed this yesterday trying to download Windows VMware images, but i was using Firefox with repeated failures. Chrome helped a bit. Try a different browser like I did. Also they do allow download accelerators. That is also a option
  • SomeGuy wrote:
    Yes, it's extra slow today. Too many people downloading Microsoft BOB :P

There are some improvements in the works, but it will take time. Please be patient.
    I was one of those people lol
  • It's being worked on. Mirror 2 was never meant to be as overloaded as it currently is. I'm doing some remedial work on it at the moment. Downloads may be disrupted temporarily. Please bear with.

Side note
    . That mirror is VERY SLOW to respond...

IS ANYONE ELSE HAVING THIS ISSUE??? :evil:

but surely there must be a faster way?!?

CAPS LOCK DOES NOT HELP!?! Or do you any favours. What was ever wrong with simply reporting a problem in plain English rather than shouting your way across. Thanks.
  • Guys I'm just going to start disabling accounts very soon. Rioter is gracious enough to provide a mirror that is our only mirror right now and is gracious to give us another. However every god damn day there is a NEW THREAD about speed issued for crap you get FOR FREE. All of these threads are right above the first thread about this and every time I delete a new thread another one pops up again a few hours later. They are like cockroaches, just like the children behind them are cockroaches.

I have two additional mirrors in the works the one from Rioter and another donated mirror from another new user (I will credit you in the morning when I'm a little less drunk and on something other than a phone).

This is ridiculous. Every new thread about the same issue just makes me not care enough to finish up the job. What do I need for all of these children who are so privileged to just be quiet or CONTRIBUTE SOMETHING ELSE to the forums or community?

folder_lock.gif
This discussion has been closed.