Corrupted Packages

edited September 2014 in Site Issues
Seeing some of the reports about corrupted packages, if you encounter a file that's corrupted when you tried to open it, post the full filename here in question. I want a list so I can see if there's any replacements that might be laying around.

Also, before you post one, double check by redownloading the file just to be sure. Sometimes it can be related to your connection terminating the download before it was fully complete.

Current List:
    /Abandonware Applications/PC/Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 Enterprise (6.00.8176).7z (Obvious one since the file is only 700bytes)
(fixed --stitch)
/Abandonware Operating Systems/Macintosh/Apple Mac OS 9.2.2 (DVD).7z (0 Bytes)
/Abandonware Operating Systems/PC/Microsoft Windows/Windows NT4/Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 (all-in-one).7z (Real file size = 705.23MB) (stopped carrying--stitch)
Beta Operating Systems/PC/Microsoft Windows XP 'Whistler'/Microsoft Windows XP ("Whistler" 5.1.2502.0 Professional RC1).7z (0 Bytes)

Comments

• /Abandonware Operating Systems/PC/Microsoft Windows/Windows NT4/Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 (all-in-one).7z

I have been having trouble with downloading this for months. I even tried on different computers and It keeps saying it's corrupt
  • "Windows 98 First Edition [3.5].7z"

Just loads some .exe files that don't work.
    The full path is to the file in question is:
    /Abandonware Operating Systems/PC/Microsoft Windows/Windows 98-ME/Microsoft Windows 98 First Edition (3.5).7z
    This is what he's referring to. Have not tested them yet since I am on Linux.

2ku0.png
  • /Abandonware Operating Systems/PC/Microsoft Windows/Windows NT4/Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 (all-in-one).7z

I have been having trouble with downloading this for months. I even tried on different computers and It keeps saying it's corrupt

This archive does not fail CRC check for me. However, it contains an Nero image file which at the moment I do not have anything to open it.

6owr.png

I used the copy from WDL2. Are you downloading from a different server?

I've sat here and tested all 38 disks. They load and extract here fine.

Personally not too keen on the self extracting exe files however. I might redo those images up this weekend. You can open those specific exe files with winimage and manually extract the files that way if you don't want to run foreign exe files.
  • Kirk wrote:
    /Abandonware Operating Systems/PC/Microsoft Windows/Windows NT4/Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 (all-in-one).7z

This archive does not fail CRC check for me. However, it contains an Nero image file which at the moment I do not have anything to open it.

6owr.png

I used the copy from WDL2. Are you downloading from a different server?
    The .nrg file opens with imgburn on Windows. Not a fan of this file format either. The .NRG file should come out to be 352 374KB (344.1MB) when you extract it.
  • The size doesn't seem right , the NT4 all one I've got is 1.4GB, that's just under 350MB.
  • BOD wrote:
    The size doesn't seem right , the NT4 all one I've got is 1.4GB, that's just under 350MB.
    Just tried it, you're right. Added to the list.
  • Can you re-upload them as .img files?
  • Anyone else really annoyed that every post in this thread gets marked as unread in the archive board?

EDIT: Well, annoyed is an overstatement. More like slightly irked.
  • BlueSun wrote:
    Anyone else really annoyed that every post in this thread gets marked as unread in the archive board?

EDIT: Well, annoyed is an overstatement. More like slightly irked.
    Mine highlights in River of Dumb and Site issues. It's kinda weird.
  • And of course, the time I post about it is the time it doesn't do it.
  • BlueSun wrote:
    And of course, the time I post about it is the time it doesn't do it.
    I did some post fu earlier and split the bad comment post and its descendants to River of Dumb and it seemed to fix itself.
    Can you re-upload them as .img files?
    Yeah, I can do that. Since I have nothing planned tonight I'll knock that out now. When it gets onto the server, however, is a different story.
    /Abandonware Operating Systems/PC/Microsoft Windows/Windows NT4/Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 (all-in-one).7z

This one has been fixed. It's pending upload now. Not sure when that'll be up yet.
  • noone wrote:
    BlueSun wrote:
    I did some post fu earlier and split the bad comment post and its descendants to River of Dumb and it seemed to fix itself.

I suspected that may have had something to do with it. But it marked everything as unread again with this post, so not a permanent fix.

One other reason it's slightly irksome besides losing my place in the thread is that I don't have permission to post in the archive board, so if I want to make a reply to this thread I have to back out into another forum before I can reply. Certainly not a huge deal or anything like that, just an interesting oddity with global announcements.
  • BlueSun wrote:
    noone wrote:
    BlueSun wrote:

I suspected that may have had something to do with it. But it marked everything as unread again with this post, so not a permanent fix.

One other reason it's slightly irksome besides losing my place in the thread is that I don't have permission to post in the archive board, so if I want to make a reply to this thread I have to back out into another forum before I can reply. Certainly not a huge deal or anything like that, just an interesting oddity with global announcements.
    Yeah, it's one of three quirks Winboards has. I have this one that slightly ruffles me, but I've gotten around to ignoring it:
    5t4z.png
    Of course, I've been here between July and now, but it hasn't changed in months. The other one is you can't look at posts in Random Crap before July of 2004. I keep forgetting though that there was significant DB breakage in the early days that was never fixed until Stitch took over and converted the DB to PostgreSQL. However, I really don't think anyone besides people wanting to be nostalgic will want to go back that far.
  • noone wrote:
    The other one is you can't look at posts in Random Crap before July of 2004. I keep forgetting though that there was significant DB breakage in the early days that was never fixed until Stitch took over and converted the DB to PostgreSQL. However, I really don't think anyone besides people wanting to be nostalgic will want to go back that far.

Oh yeah... I keep forgetting this place is that old. I'm pretty sure the year 2004 can safely be ignored.
  • BlueSun wrote:
    noone wrote:
    The other one is you can't look at posts in Random Crap before July of 2004. I keep forgetting though that there was significant DB breakage in the early days that was never fixed until Stitch took over and converted the DB to PostgreSQL. However, I really don't think anyone besides people wanting to be nostalgic will want to go back that far.

Oh yeah... I keep forgetting this place is that old. I'm pretty sure the year 2004 can safely be ignored.

Every single thing I posted in 2004 was garbage. I approve of this message.
  • Here is another one:
    Beta Operating Systems/PC/Microsoft Windows XP 'Whistler'/Microsoft Windows XP ("Whistler" 5.1.2502.0 Professional RC1).7z
  • Added. Obvious since it's zero bytes.
  • Here's one: Abandonware Applications/PC/ Microsoft Cinemania 97 (4.00).7z
  • Brad wrote:
    Here's one: Abandonware Applications/PC/ Microsoft Cinemania 97 (4.00).7z
    I tested this archive and it extracted/mounted fine. Redownload the file.
  • Abandonware Applications\PC (International)\Microsoft Office 97 Professional (8.0.0.3918) [Arabic-Localized].7z

Tried to open the file, but it says ''Corrupted archive''.
    It's the same problem as Office 95 (Arabic), but it got fixed.
  • Saad wrote:
    Abandonware Applications\PC (International)\Microsoft Office 97 Professional (8.0.0.3918) [Arabic-Localized].7z

Tried to open the file, but it says ''Corrupted archive''.
    It's the same problem as Office 95 (Arabic), but it got fixed.
    Redownload the file. The archive works. So does the copy of Office in Russian.
    I think we've found most of the corrupted packages already.

Guys, please before you post on here saying a package is corrupted, redownload the file first and try again. Excluding the ones I have listed in OP, 99% of the time it's your internet connection.
  • I've found another corrupt package:
    /Beta Operating Systems/PC/Microsoft Windows NT4 'Cairo'/Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 (''Cairo'' 4.00.1130.1 Server).7z

When I downloaded this one, it mounted into the VM perfectly, but I couldn't boot from it and I checked it in Windows 3.1x and the i386 folder was empty.
  • Nerd73 wrote:
    I've found another corrupt package:
    /Beta Operating Systems/PC/Microsoft Windows NT4 'Cairo'/Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 (''Cairo'' 4.00.1130.1 Server).7z

When I downloaded this one, it mounted into the VM perfectly, but I couldn't boot from it and I checked it in Windows 3.1x and the i386 folder was empty.

I'm not sure if this qualifies as corrupt, but I have confirmed that a DOS boot disk can't access the i386 folder either, if the files are extracted from the iso and then placed onto a virtual disk manually the NT setup can be run from a dos prompt via normal winnt /x /b.

Also, at least on my i7-950 once NT was installed it is unable to actually boot, this problem even occurs with RTM anyways and newer media is required.
  • Another corrupt package
    /Abandonware Operating Systems/Macintosh/Apple Mac OS 7.5.3 [International]
    /Abandonware Operating Systems/Macintosh/Apple AUX 2.0

I downloaded both of them and i opened it and it says corrupt archive using WinRAR and 7-Zip
  • Hello, I found a corrupted Package, The "Mac OS 9.2.2 (DVD)". It shows is in "Mirror 2/Abandonware Operating Systems/Macintosh/"
  • Hello, I found a corrupted Package, The "Mac OS 9.2.2 (DVD)". It shows is in "Mirror 2/Abandonware Operating Systems/Macintosh/"
    Read the first post of this thread. It was already listed.
  • I think we've determined all the corrupted packages now and whenever they appear on the server corrected, I'll deglobal this topic.
    Topic locked.
This discussion has been closed.