Billy Coore!

edited July 2017 in Hardware
I am unaware of how many computer related youtube channels you may or may not follow, but one I like a lot is "Roadgeek", run by a guy named Billy Coore.

He's a younger guy, but older than me, born in 1990, so he is roughly 27 now, as I am 22, born in 1995.

Most of the system he has are from the 1990's, as that's what his nostalgia is from, mid 90's and up.

He has a thing for packardbells. He is somewhat known as VWestlife and LGR have been spotted in the comment sections of some of his videos, he also has a "5.25 floppy disc gifted to him by LGR.

The system I am jealous of that he has is the gateway 2000 with a 486. Mainly because I want a multimedia type PC which can run 3.x good. I had that for a little until my AMD486 machine bit the dust. The Acer Acros is currently at the repair shop, It may be fixable - just a waiting game now, luckily I did get a full refund including the international shipping.

Anyways, back to Billy Coore. He and I share a common like of 90's computers, and that's great. He posts a lot of video about upgrades, unboxings, custom builds, installations, and then some reviews or footage of games, and such.

All around a channel I'd recommend. Also, he has more computers than I can remember. I'm getting there too, it takes me a while to remember how many I have, if you count laptops, and one's which do not work lol.

He just uploaded this video earlier today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrSX3lvrwCw&t=409s

Comments

• Most people on this forum likely know who he is, for a computer youtuber he isn't very small (He's about the average size for a computer youtuber). He seems to be a nice enough guy and I am subscribed to him but I skip all of his videos about Packard Bells because those are awful computers and I don't understand and find it hard to tolerate his obsession with them.
  • This well-known YouTuber also uses a Packard Bell. But this one is actually reliable (at least in the videos).
  • edited July 2017
    Danooct1 uses an 80386-based PB. A Legend, I think. I have a full original 80486-based setup and never had a real problem out of it. Packard Bell doesn't deserve all the bashing it gets.

Guess you either love 'em or hate 'em. I wanted one after seeing danooct1's, and my grandma had one she didn't need anymore.
  • BigCJ wrote:
    Danooct1 uses an 80386-based PB. A Legend, I think. I have a full original 80486-based setup and never had a real problem out of it. Packard Bell doesn't deserve all the bashing it gets.

Yeah it doesn't. I'm not having any problems my my packardbell that are the computers fault, it was either the much newer hard drive, or incorrectly written floppies.

The computer itself hasn't given me a problem, now that my 121mb drive came in, it works like a charm!