Why just why?

edited June 2017 in Hardware
This machine looks like one piece, I don't know if broken or not, but even if broken you could use or sell for parts.

Who the fuck destroys these things?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJKKzn0-z2E

Comments

• Hell even the case would be good to put another system in or something, casemodding is fun but people just like to be destructive and not everyone is as sentimental about anything as others...
  • This is a fetish thing, isn't it?

I have that exact same Packard Bell 286 Legend I it's very common (not an excuse though)
  • 3 words:

Youtube
    Attention
    Seeker
  • 30-286 wrote:
    This is a fetish thing, isn't it?

I have that exact same Packard Bell 286 Legend I it's very common (not an excuse though)

It's a fetish thing when it involves, women, heels, and testicles.I don't know about objects..
  • People just want attention, that's all. It's this weird desire that makes people want to do something very stupid and put it on the internet.
  • The video is terrible and falls into the domain of **COMPUTER ABUSE**. The kicker guy is a total psycho who, in my opinion, needs to seek mental therapy or some other form of help. Why do people ever want negative attention????? Why did he not just give it to some nerd or something? Why are there these destructive videos (I am surprised the the youtube admins even allows this to go unpunished!) ? Heck, I guess that the world is falling apart as we speak. really. More stupid youtubers just want more stupid NEGATIVE ATTENTION! If I were to work for the US government, this kind of stuff would end the video author up with a life sentence in a maximal security prison. Please forgive me if this post looks outrageous (I do not mean to insult anyone), but I cannot control my feelings after this traumatic youtube experience...
  • This is America, where you can do whatever dumbass thing you want as long as you don't hurt anyone else. While I also think destroying an old machine when it still works is pointless, the idiots in the video have the right because it's theirs. It "goes unpunished" by YouTube admins because that kind of thing doesn't really go against their Community Guidelines. Is it senseless and retarded? Yes. Is it the worst thing since Hitler? Not by a long shot. As for the ones who do this seeking fame, any kind of attention is good attention.

pcgeek, if you are truly traumatised by a YouTube video and cannot control your emotions any better than that, you need to get serious help.
  • BigCJ wrote:
    This is America, where you can do whatever dumbass thing you want as long as you don't hurt anyone else. While I also think destroying an old machine when it still works is pointless, the idiots in the video have the right because it's theirs. It "goes unpunished" by YouTube admins because that kind of thing doesn't really go against their Community Guidelines. Is it senseless and retarded? Yes. Is it the worst thing since Hitler? Not by a long shot. As for the ones who do this seeking fame, any kind of attention is good attention.

pcgeek, if you are truly traumatised by a YouTube video and cannot control your emotions any better than that, you need to get serious help.

I'm pretty sure he was purposely exaggerating.
  • I'm pretty sure he was purposely exaggerating.
    I hope so, that post was way over the top.
  • The sad fact of the matter is that most people simply have no idea that some of these older computers have value. The TV tells them the exact opposite, repeatedly informing them that they should only care about the new shiny toys. An electronic device that lasts and remains useful more than two years is almost unimaginable to some people. With euphemistic concepts like "recycling" they even feel it is their duty to remove all old stuff from the face of the planet.

Heck, they could have made an easy $20 selling that 5.25" floppy drive on eBay.

Lets not resort to mindless bashing. If you are outraged by the video, try and do something constructive about it. Perhaps informatively let people know what things are worth. Or put your money where your mouth is and collect some more machines and show them off.

folder_lock.gif
This discussion has been closed.