trying to figure out cell type of this old battery pack

edited May 2017 in Hardware
I am wanting to repack this old battery pack for a friend who needs a whole bunch of these packs to be recelled and he wants to sell them. He told me either He is going to send them to a website to have them repacked or I told him I can do it , but I need to figure out the cells before I can open the pack up , since if he needs to send them to have them repacked they don't allow the battery pack to be opened before they are sent to him. So I need to figure out the battery cell type before they are opened. I am believing they are a 7/5 A NiMh cell since the battery pack size from the picture seems to be big enough to the picture. the pack uses a total of 6 cells in series. But I am not totally sure what the cell type this battery pack has.

nec--h350ae-6nec_MAIN_1.jpg

Comments

• Googling that model number suggests its an NiMH battery for Arm, AST, NEC, Systemax, Uniwill model C280, C280M series laptop and notebook computers.

But without being able to crack one open you'd never be able to discover the exact type of cell in use. Can you get the physical dimensions of the battery? At a glance it does look very similar to the thinkpad 701c battery but that fits full size AA batteries.
  • Googling that model number suggests its an NiMH battery for Arm, AST, NEC, Systemax, Uniwill model C280, C280M series laptop and notebook computers.

But without being able to crack one open you'd never be able to discover the exact type of cell in use. Can you get the physical dimensions of the battery? At a glance it does look very similar to the thinkpad 701c battery but that fits full size AA batteries.

Thank you for trying to help me, I finally figured out the cells that are used. It uses a 4/3 A or 7/5 A cell , they are both the same size apparently , since 4/3 is 1.3 repeating and than 7/5 is actually 1.4. I got the answer by emailing the company that made a compatible pack. Hopefully the OEM pack uses the same cells as the company that makes there own version of the pack, Since I emailed the company that made the compatible pack and not the original OEM .