The weirdest thing I've had happen to me so far.

edited April 2017 in Hardware
So today, while testing the Pine PC, 486DX2 system, no sound wanted to come through the speakers, however canyon.mid did come through them when I set the slider in the off position.

This is very weird to me, speakers outputting sound when they are OFF!

I cannot adjust the volume with the volume dial either, only through software, which I expect because the speakers are OFF!

Does anyone know what may be going on? There's were just $4.99 from Value Village (a Canadian thrift store), should I trash these and try to find "new" working ones?

like seriously, what the fuck? :? :? :?

Comments

• Off switches are illegal :P

I've seen some speakers that do that. The idea is you can use them without additional power, relying on the amplifier in your audio source instead.

But that is not always what people expect.
  • so, maybe the amp works, but none of the other things.
  • At least you're not in my situation. The speakers that came with my 486 are built onto the original monitor, and they're broke. Pulled my only other set out of storage, and one of them is broke, too! :P
    no sound wanted to come through the speakers, however canyon.mid did come through them
    No other sound at all? No system sounds or music from games?
  • funnily enough, I changed the connector on my universal adapter, and everything is perfect now.