Macintosh SE ROM Monitor

edited December 2016 in Hardware
If you press the interrupt key (closer to the back, the other is reset) on a compact Macintosh, a small window with ">" will appear and you can give commands directly to the 68k monitor in ROM.

There seems to be a lot of potential here - undocumented potential. So far I've found a few novelty commends, but I'd like to know more.

Type the following to get results:
G 0 A
You will get a bomb error as "Finder" floating point coprocessor not installed.
G 40E118
At the safe to turn off the Macintosh screen you will get a different shutdown message.
G 4188A4
At the shutdown screen and you will get a small "Stolen from Apple!" Icon at the top left.
DM <address>
To display the data in the next 48 memory addresses starting with the address you entered. Every address is 6 hex characters.

There seems to be a lot to learn from this - Sure we know a lot on how the system works already, but wouldn't it be neat to use this to figure it out as well?

G seems like some kind of graphics command and DM is obviously for Dump Memory. Hoping there is a WM, EM, or any other commands to use, since I'm sure there's all kind of weird and wacky things waiting to be done with this unlimited power we have been granted.