What are the specs of the computer you use the most?

2»

Comments

• Probably my main desktop is the most used, but there's a few others I tend to use often.

Main PC:
    CPU- i5-4690k 3.8GHz
    RAM- 16GB
    GPU - AMD R9 270x
    SSD(s) - 2x Kingston HyperX 120GB
    MB - Gigabyte Z97-HD3
    OSes- Windows 7 Pro, OS X 10.11 (Hackintosh)

Main laptop:
    Dell Latitude E5510
    CPU - i7-620m
    RAM - 6GB
    GPU - 1st gen Intel HD
    HDD - 500GB generic laptop drive
    OS - Win10

Other computers I mess around with on occasion:

The Tandy 2500 SX/25
    CPU - AMD Am386SX-25 (stuck in 8MHz mode)
    RAM - 6MB 30-pin SIMMs
    GPU - Western Digital WDC9000
    HDD - 85MB WD Caviar
    OS - DOS 5 + Win3.11, now Win95

The iBook (M8862LL/A - PowerBook4,3 - A1007):
    CPU - PowerPC 750fx (G3) 800MHz
    RAM - 384MB PC-100
    GPU - Mobility Radeon 7500
    HDD - 20GB
    OS - Mac OS 9.2.2, OS X 10.4
  • Dont know my motherboard (Curse you. HP laptop)
    AMD A6-4455M Dual Core 2.1 Ghz
    AMD Radeon Graphics 7500G
    110G SSD (Dont know Brand)
    4 Gigs DDR3 RAM
    Windows 10 Home x64
    I know, its trash. im upgrading soon to a custom build Bozon 4 (Dont know what it is, youtube.com/duncan33303 [Its Austin Evans Account.])
  • 66659hi wrote:
    BigCJ wrote:
    Model: HP Pavilion g4 (laptop)
    Processor: Intel Pentium B950@ 2.1GHz
    Memory: 6Gb RAM
    Storage: 500Gb hard disk (SATA)
    Optical drives: 1 DVD-RAM drive
    Video: Onboard VGA and HDMI Out
    Sound: Integrated Intel sound chip

This is the same exact one as i am running, but it barely works. Windows 8/ 8.1 is a piece of junk

It's not that hard to reinstall Windows. Software issues don't mean that the machine itself "barely works"

I have literally reinstalled Windows on there 7 times. It is just a piece of shite.
  • 66659hi wrote:
    BigCJ wrote:
    Model: HP Pavilion g4 (laptop)
    Processor: Intel Pentium B950@ 2.1GHz
    Memory: 6Gb RAM
    Storage: 500Gb hard disk (SATA)
    Optical drives: 1 DVD-RAM drive
    Video: Onboard VGA and HDMI Out
    Sound: Integrated Intel sound chip

This is the same exact one as i am running, but it barely works. Windows 8/ 8.1 is a piece of junk

It's not that hard to reinstall Windows. Software issues don't mean that the machine itself "barely works"

I have literally reinstalled Windows on there 7 times. It is just a piece of shite.
    Then you must be doing something wrong; it's a great laptop. The biggie is, did you make sure the proper drivers were all installed? That was my only issue. After that, it runs like a dream.
  • Yeah. It has had some use though. I am glad it's lasted.
  • edited March 2017
    AMD dual core processor with clockspeed of 2.3 GHz
    4GB RAM (DDR2)
    Radeon HD5450 graphics card
    Linux Mint 17.2

This is my regular desktop and I use it mainly to run old PC games. I'm on a personal mission to prove that Linux is better for old games than a post-XP Windows OS because Wine and PlayOnLinux are more configurable than the Windows compatibility mode.

I'm also very attached to my HP Pavillion ZV5000 laptop. It was bought new back in 2004 and was quite a high end multimedia machine in its day:
    https://www.cnet.com/products/hp-pavili ... 0z/review/

Its internet useful days have come to an end but it's still great for those games that Wine won't run as well as I would like. It also has a wonderful screen and superb built in sound for a laptop.
  • Main PC:
    Intel Core i3-550 at 3.2GHz.
    ATI Radeon HD 4670 1 GB
    4 GB of DDR3 at 1333MHz(Dual Channel)
    Some Foxconn H55 mobo.(lga 1156 ofc)
    Some Samsung 500gb hard drive.
    a DVD-RW drive.
  • My main desktop is this.
    Amd Phenom 9600 Quad-Core @ 2.3 ghz,
    4GB Ram,
    80GB Hard Drive (Windows 10),
    500GB Hard Drive For Storage (Out Of A Cable Box),
    ASUSTeK m2n68-am se2,
    ? watt power supply,
    Nvidia Geforce GT730,
    A pretty god awful computer but I got it for free and I'm happy.

Main Craptop
    Amd E-300 (apu)
    1366X768 screen
    400GB Hard Drive (Duel booting Windows xp with the unofficial sp4 and Windows 7 Professional sp1)
    6GB Ram
    It's a crappy compaq laptop, what else is there to say.
  • All I have currently is a godawful Compaq Presario R3000. It "features" an Intel Celeron 2.8ghz processor, 640MB of RAM (It's an interesting story - it came with only 256MB in the form of two 128MB sticks, and I wanted to upgrade it to 1GB of memory, so I bought two 512MB sticks, but one of them was an odd unnamed Chinese chip, and lo and behold, it didn't work at all, so I have one 512MB stick and one 128MB stick. Guh.), an ATI Mobility Radeon 9000 IGP graphics chip running at the maximum resolution of 1024x768 with 32bit color, a DVD-ROM/CD-RW drive, a 120GB hard disk (only because the 40GB drive it came with was dead), a non-fucntional battery (which is especially fun because if you move the laptop enough the power cord just jiggles loose and it instantly dies while you're in the middle of something), and, surprisngly enough, really high-quality UBL Pro speakers that outperform any other laptop speakers I've ever heard. It runs Windows XP Home Edition. I guess this computer is perfect if you're an audiophile? But I'm a videophile, and if you throw anything higher than 480p video at this thing, it'll crash and burn. Gonna try and get a new machine soon though.
  • edited April 2017
    If you think thats bad....

My Main PC (Emachines W-3410)
    Win XP Home
    A whole 2 GIGA-BYTES of ram!(Upgraded from 512Mb stock)
    AMD Athlon 64
    DVD-RW Drive
    100 gig HDD
    ATI Radeon 200 Graphics
    Minecraft!(1.5.2)
    USB Realtek WI-FI

UPDATE:Ok so the EMachines is probably dead i press the power button and the HDD Light stays on
    and the fans dont slow down and nothing else happens.UPDATE2:need to replace CPU its like $15.

And my laptop (Toshiba A105-s2236...Better that the pc...im using it now...)
    Win XP Pro x86
    2 Gigs of RAM...again...(1.87 Really)
    Intel Celron M 520 @1.60Ghz
    DVD-RW Drive
    120 Gig HDD
    ATI Radeon 200M Graphics
    Atheros a/b/g wi-fi PCIe card
    Minecraft! (old minecraft 1.5.2,but Minecraft!)

(P.S SomeGuy the link was supposed to be a sad smilie.)
    CPU: AMD A6-5200
    RAM: 4 GB (It's not much but it's enough for me)
    Hard Drive: 750 GB Hitachi Hard Drive
    APU: AMD Radeon HD 8400
  • Main Desktop (home brew):
    OS: Ubuntu 12.04 (soon to be upgraded; can also dual-boot to Windows 7, which I rarely use)
    CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 3.2GHz
    RAM: 8GB
    HDD: (2) 400GB drives
    Can't remember the graphics card, but it's not good by today's standards. Only 128MB or something like that.

Main Laptop:
    Model: Lenovo ThinkPad T520
    CPU: Intel Core i5-2520M 2.5GHz
    RAM: 8GB
    HDD: (2) 500GB drives
  • Lenovo ThinkPad W540

2.7GHz Intel Core i7-4800MQ
    16GB DDR3 RAM
    250GB SSD (going to upgrade eventually)
    Switchable Nvidia Quadro K1100M/Intel HD 4600 Graphics
    15.6" 1920x1080 Display
    Full Size Keyboard With 10-Key
    Fingerprint Scanner
  • My setup is old in some places, but sits in the frustrating realm of 'doing anything I really need it to do, pretty well' so I haven't been inclined to save up for anything new any time fast.
    • Mainboard: GIGABYTE GA-790XTA-UD4
    • CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3.6 GHz
    • RAM: 12 GB
    • GPU: EVGA GTX 770 2GB
    • Storage:
      Samsung 840 SSD 250 GB SATA3
      WD BLACK 2 TB SATA3
      WD My Passport 2 TB USB3
      Samsung T1 portable SSD 1 TB USB3
    • Case: NZXT Guardian 921B (with retarded blue LEDs 8) )
    • Monitor(s):
      ASUS VG278 27" 1080p 120Hz
      BenQ XL2420T 24" 1080p 120Hz
    • Input:
      Logitech G510s
      Logitech G502 Proteus Core
    • Sound:
      Speakers: Logitech Z906 5.1 Optical output
      Sound Card: Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro
    • Hardware MIDI:
      Roland MT-32 mark I w/ Real World Interfaces mod (an interesting find)
      Roland SC-88 Pro
      YAMAHA MU2000EX
  • my XPS 13 <3

The i7 5500U variant. Unfortunately that means the 4k display also which means I can only get around 2 hours battery life at the most, but hell it looks fantastic. Luckily I got one without the supposedly common QC issues. 8GB RAM and 256GB SSD space should be fine for now but I wish the components were easier to access, and in the case of the RAM upgradable at all instead of being soldered.

I also use my X79 build almost as much, running a Xeon E5 2630, Intel DX79SI board, MSI GeForce 770 TwinFrozr, and various random RAM sticks, however I'm probably going to have to sell it at some point. Thinking of dropping down to a Dell Optiplex 3010 temporarily until I can afford a powerful desktop again.

I also keep a Dell Optiplex 755 on the side with a floppy drive and DVD writer since neither my laptop or desktop have either. Ideally I'd like to not have to rely on it at all but my NZXT H440 case has no drive bays at all... sure it looks good but I'd much rather have some sort of drive bay.

Very tempted to upgrade to the newest XPS so I can get ThunerBolt allowing for an external GPU - then replace desktops completely - but that's not going to happen soon.
  • Laptop? Laptop. Lenovo T530. Not very interesting. i5 variant, the optional nvidia graphics, and an SSD. It's not exactly unique.

Desktop....i3 Skylake, ATI Radeon, and a regular spinning hard drive. I know SSDs are nice but it's a desktop and I rarely reboot the damn thing.

Laptop No.2....Toshiba with a first gen i3. Really nice laptop except battery life has been receding at the speed of light. I tossed an SSD into it and the rest of the parts are original (Even the power adapter).

Laptop No.3...Panasonic Toughbook 31, standard issue sandy i5/8G/120G(SSD). It works fine but I don't use it as much as the others (I do still use it plenty, don't get me wrong) due to the 4:3 1024 display and how thick and heavy the damned thing is.
  • 66659hi wrote:
    I know SSDs are nice

Honestly, at this point, SSDs are no longer optional for me. Recently I used a NUC with a mechanical drive and it was just absolutely intolerable. Granted it was a 5400 rpm drive, so it was a little worse that a typical mechanical drive. Still, give me SSD or give me death.
  • Main Computer: Retina MacBook Pro 13" (Early 2015) -- not the new Touch Bar thing

2.7GHz dual-core Intel Core i5, Turbo Boost up to 3.1GHz, with 3MB shared L3 cache
    8GB RAM
    Intel Iris Graphics 6100
    256GB PCIe-based onboard SSD

The DOS Machine: Dell Latitude C610 -- yes, this thing can run DOS

1.2 GHz Pentium III
    256MB RAM (used to be 384MB but one of the RAM slots went bad)
    16MB of dedicated graphics RAM
  • And my laptop (Toshiba A105-s2236...Better that the pc...im using it now...)
    Win XP Pro x86
    2 Gigs of RAM...again...(1.87 Really)
    Intel Celron M 520 @1.60Ghz
    DVD-RW Drive
    120 Gig HDD
    ATI Radeon 200M Graphics
    Atheros a/b/g wi-fi PCIe card
    Minecraft! (old minecraft 1.5.2,but Minecraft!)

I have an older HP 530 laptop that had a Celeron M520, I upgraded it to a Core 2 Duo. I really like Toshiba laptops and it's worth spending around $5 for a T7200. If you haven't upgraded a CPU for laptops before, you need to look up thermal compound. And don't replace the thermal compound for the graphics card or northbridge, they'll have thermal pads and that'll be fine, only replace the thermal compound for the CPU. Once you replace the CPU you can upgrade the RAM to 4G and upgrade the laptop itself to Win7 or hell, even Win10.
  • 66659hi wrote:
    And my laptop (Toshiba A105-s2236...Better that the pc...im using it now...)

I really like Toshiba laptops and it's worth spending around $5 for a T7200. If you haven't upgraded a CPU for laptops before... Once you replace the CPU you can upgrade the RAM to 4G and upgrade the laptop itself to Win7 or hell, even Win10.
    +1, I also have a Toshiba Satellite A105, the differences between that one and the one I have is mine has 4GB of RAM, A 200GB Hard Drive, An Intel GMA 950 GPU and a Core Duo, I plan on getting a Core 2 Duo CPU for it sooner or later along with a replacement keyboard since this laptop is in need of some fixing and thorough cleaning, I agree that Windows 7 will run fine since mine runs 7 Ultimate x86 just as well as its original XP installation did.

Compared to this post, my other two machines haven't changed at all, So for now, I'm only posting specs for the previously mentioned HP and my main laptop.
    HP/Compaq DC7800 SFF Desktop:
    - Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.4 GHz
    - 4GB (2x2GB) DDR2 SDRAM
    - AMD Radeon HD 6450 PCI-e Graphics Card (1GB of VRAM)
    - 500GB Western Digital Enterprise Grade SATA Hard Drive, The old 750GB Seagate drive died from constant operation so it was replaced.
    - 16x SATA DVD-RW Lightscribe Drive + 3.5" Floppy Drive
    - Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Dell Inspiron 13z/5323 (Not used often, but I mostly use it as a portable at coffee shops and other places with hotspots):
    - Intel Core i3 3217U @ 1.8 GHz
    - 6GB (4GB+2GB) DDR3 SDRAM
    - Intel HD 4000 GPU
    - 120GB Kingston SATA Solid State Drive
    - Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Soon, I'll be building a Skylake i3 rig using the case from my Dell Inspiron 660 Tower which suffered from motherboard failure several months ago.