Upgraded my device

edited September 2016 in Hardware
It took 2 MONTHS! to deliever the computer, finally in August 30 i got the lenovo g50
Started June 10 - Ended August 30. Proccesor: Intel Core i5
Windows 8 (might suck, whatever)

Comments

• I'd try and get a copy of Windows 10. I find it to be a bit more stable that Windows 8/8.1, and its also a bit quicker to start up.
  • I'd try and get a copy of Windows 10. I find it to be a bit more stable that Windows 8/8.1, and its also a bit quicker to start up.

You can't put "Windows 10" and "stable" in the same sentence dude; Windows 10 is unstable as fuck.
  • the free uprade is still free if you have any assistive items in the os so even though you might not if you check that box and never use it microsoft has no way of knowing if you use it as long as you still meet the rquirments
  • dosbox wrote:
    I'd try and get a copy of Windows 10. I find it to be a bit more stable that Windows 8/8.1, and its also a bit quicker to start up.

You can't put "Windows 10" and "stable" in the same sentence dude; Windows 10 is unstable as fuck.
    Makes me think if it's going to stay this way, as this travesty has been around for a year now.
  • I actually just did a fresh install of 10 using a windows 7 32 bit key I had laying around. So yeah, free upgrade is still free.
  • Bry89 wrote:
    dosbox wrote:
    I'd try and get a copy of Windows 10. I find it to be a bit more stable that Windows 8/8.1, and its also a bit quicker to start up.

Makes me think if it's going to stay this way, as this travesty has been around for a year now.
    I had a toshiba laptop.8.1 worked fine.Windows 10 doesn't work with my mom's wifi(she has older zyXEL)
  • robobox wrote:
    my mom's wifi(she has older zyXEL)

Burn it! Send it to hell!
  • the free uprade is still free if you have any assistive items in the os so even though you might not if you check that box and never use it microsoft has no way of knowing if you use it as long as you still meet the rquirments
    That method is coming to an end now that MS has found out about its abuse by normal users. Plus due to that there may be a chance of installations from that method becoming non-genuine. So his best bet now is to buy a copy of Windows 10 if he wants to upgrade, I don't think using 7/8 keys for new installs will last long though.
  • I'm locking this topic because I can't tell where it is going. If you want to start a new thread about Lenovos, zyXEL, or cheating Microsoft out of their hard earned work (try saying that with a straight face :lol: ) then start a new thread.
This discussion has been closed.