Office 95
Office XP pro
Adobe acrobat reader 6.01
Kaspersky Antivirus
Tiny firewall
Aim 1.0
Skype 2.?

Comments

• I split this off because the old thread was probably out of date and had a septa/heptapost.

-Q
  • Custom Built PC
    Matsonic MS6380SG Motherboard
    AMD K6-2 Socket 7 150Mhz CPU
    64MB SD-RAM
    1GB IBM Hard Drive
    Windows 95A (Oh Yeah)

This motherboard is great. It has every customizable option you can think of including great Over Clocking support.

Nick
  • I do have that old Apple IIe that I think works.

-Q
  • Apple LCIII.
  • Dell Dimension L566cx
    Intel Celeron 566 MHz CPU
    256 MB SDRAM
    40GB HDD.

You're posting on it now.
  • Intel Pentium III 533MHz
    256MB RAM
    6GB HDD
    FreeBSD 6.2
  • Quadra 650
    40mhz 68040
    56mb RAM
    160gb SCSI hd
    2x CDROM
    A/UX 3.0.1
  • Oldest pc
    Intel i486 DX2 33Mhz
    Can't remember the name of the board right now.
    8 Meg 31 pin SIMM
    500ish Meg HD
    8x cdrom drive (matashi I beleive)
    ISA 3COM EtherlinkIII lancard
    Paradisebali32 1 meg Vesa Local Bus video board
    Mozart95 sound card (and it kinda sucks asss)

I do have a 64k Spectrum with a few casettes and a few progrmaing books (I could make my own spacew invaders yay:P) but it's p[acked away right now
  • edited February 2007
    IBM 5170

I have ONE it's got 20MB IBM mfm HARD DRIVE!!

That hard drive is scary, because you can actually HEAR AND FEEL the read/write heads moving, the Hard drive takes up both 5 1/4" slots!

It has a FULL SIZED ISA memory card, a true work of art as the First Official "AT" computers.
  • Why do you guys even bother saving these things?
  • ka0s wrote:
    Why do you guys even bother saving these things?

It is interesting to see how thing were done in the past, and how SMALL things have gotten, and amazing that over 25 years later, they *still* work. LOL
  • edited February 2007
    the oldest one I had (past tense) which I just recently threw in the basement was the p3 500MHz machine. I will be building it back up and turning it into a machine that holds my shit on it.

my hyundai 286 still runs... it was a 12MHz 640K (onboard) memory... 40MB HDD... it still runs...
  • What a wonderful life you must lead if you find that interesting :|
  • BOD wrote:
    What a wonderful life you must lead if you find that interesting :|

Thats exactly what I was thinking.
  • Hey I grew up playing games on old (yes they were old then) vic20's, a few apple2's, the old consoles of the time Atari Jaguar 2600, the Speci,Amiga600 etc and games back then were jsut as good as they are now (some are more challanging imo). It's a way to preserve history as well, even if there are places where these are stored, they can't usualy be played :P
  • Sun SPARCstation 20
  • Hey I grew up playing games on old (yes they were old then) vic20's, a few apple2's, the old consoles of the time Atari Jaguar 2600, the Speci,Amiga600 etc and games back then were jsut as good as they are now (some are more challanging imo). It's a way to preserve history as well, even if there are places where these are stored, they can't usualy be played :P

The coolest Old computer I got however is a old Server, it has Dual P90 processors and EISA slots.
  • Cool, I'm always on the look out for old PC's, be it Apple's or Windows based, and even old games consoles :P there's loads that I never even played that I'd love to own.
  • Cool, I'm always on the look out for old PC's, be it Apple's or Windows based, and even old games consoles :P there's loads that I never even played that I'd love to own.

You would be amazed at some of the stuff people put out by the curb, I'm like WTF they're going to throw that away! :shock:
  • I am as well but I'm never the one to discover the damn things:P The law does frown upon such actions though stating it's stealing, even though they have shown a desire to get rid of what ever items you took:P
  • Evlhxrdood wrote:
    Cool, I'm always on the look out for old PC's, be it Apple's or Windows based, and even old games consoles :P there's loads that I never even played that I'd love to own.

You would be amazed at some of the stuff people put out by the curb, I'm like WTF they're going to throw that away! :shock:

I'm throwing a 500mhz P3 on the curb, want it?

PS: we just threw out 20 400mhz P2's at work about 2 weeks ago.
  • i had an old apple I computer, dunno where it is now. Maybe in my house in malaysia. But right now i have a p1 win95.
  • I am as well but I'm never the one to discover the damn things

Same here.

-Q
  • I had an IBM PCXT 4.77MHz 8088 with 640k and twin 360k drives. I did rig a 720k drive to the 360k controller that worked. Got it using the internet by having it ping but I guess either the floppy seek time or the CPU was too slow to do anything. Funny to see a NIC from 2000 work in an 8-bit slow.

I'm sure noone can top that when it comes to x86 based.
  • The law does frown upon such actions though stating it's stealing, even though they have shown a desire to get rid of what ever items you took:P
    That seems very odd. In our country anything that has been
    taken to the curb is considered abandoned. You could run into
    a policeman that didn't know that of course.

Thump
  • Some municipalities make trash property of the state so they can run homeless dudes out on theft/larceny charges.

-Q
  • This computer is an gift from someone that I was repaired she`s newer pc...

Pentium MMX 266mhz. (Pentium 1)
    ISA SoundBlaster 16
    64mb. RAM
    Windows 2000 Pro SP2
    4gb. HD
    S3 Trio 8mb
    SCSI disks: HD, CD-ROM, CD/RW
    :)
  • Interesting, I've only had [two] other machine that ran solely on SCSI, and even [one] had an IDE interface.

-Q
  • hahaha ok! we`re similar, or not?

My newer one only aceppts IDE.... ATA disks not SATA...

The old have IDE ports too... but it`s HD, CD-ROM and CD/RW are solely SCSI :)
  • IBM ThinkPad 760CD
    Pentium 90mhz
    24mb ram
    12"800x600 TFT
    1.2gb hdd

Great machine, and it still runs, with the housing taped together. I use it to run a number of old DOS apps.