Some Community Expansion

edited October 2016 in News & Announcements
In an effort to expand our "on-topic" discussions to have a wider appeal, and replicate some of the good things to have come from our historical Random Crap board, I have introduced two new forums: Coding, Scripting and Design, and Video Games. These are forums open to all members and if you are still in Newly Registered users, the staff review system is in effect there.

The descriptions currently hold most of what we're looking for, but I will post more elaborate guidelines in a separate topic in each forum.

Comments

• I was wondering if there was ever going to be new forum sections, actually. Let's hope these will help expand the community a bit :)
  • Thanks Stitch! Just having the hardware/software for general discussion was feeling a little cramped, but what other topics might be needed just didn't jump out at me.
  • SomeGuy wrote:
    Thanks Stitch! Just having the hardware/software for general discussion was feeling a little cramped, but what other topics might be needed just didn't jump out at me.

This is very much a starting point and a trial run. I do not want to have too many forums for discussions, but I also want to have a few more and be the right topics. Expect 2-3 more, probably at best, as I figure out how to better proceed and find community leaders for those individual forums. It does seem like that there is more demand for this, and I'm trying to strike a happy, respectable medium between what we were 24 hours ago and what we were 12 years ago.
  • I like the new changes and hopefully things will pick up around here.
  • For a board suggestion: Perhaps a general tech history forum of some sort, covering all fields of the industry, discussion about it, articles, etc.
  • I think Stitch made a fresh attempt.
    I wanted another thread just like Video Game.
  • ampharos wrote:
    For a board suggestion: Perhaps a general tech history forum of some sort, covering all fields of the industry, discussion about it, articles, etc.

I guess I really just feel like that is too broad for it's own category. Most of the relevant topics that could arise from such a board would easily fit in with hardware/software or SomeGuy's software spotlights.

Then again I am highly contemplating an Apple/Mac board which would also host topics that would easily fit into the software/hardware forums.
  • I have an idea for a new forum to be added if you want... one that concerns things to do with the Internet, old and new. I believe there are some internet-based threads there that could be moved to it. And if you're still contemplating about an Apple/Mac forum, what about a Linux one? It's up to you.
  • Cool, now the forums are going to be more organized :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file