I have returned.

edited February 2017 in News & Announcements
I realize I've been absent for quite a while, mostly because I couldn't login. More importantly, I have a lot of big IRL problems I'm having to deal with right now.

So as you've probably figured and has been the status quo for quite some time, stitch and SomeGuy are 'in charge' of running the site and keeping stupidity to a minimum, I will obviously still serve as founder / administrator and work with stitch & SomeGuy towards improving WinWorld but I may not be as active for the next while. PMs in particular I tend not to see, so if you need to contact me hop on IRC and nickalert me.

In regards to Mirror 3, it is offline permanently, at least the physical server is. Long story short, it was a financial drain I can't justify right now. I am looking into cheaper alternatives (such as FeralHosting) which will serve my personal needs for web hosting and provide a mirror for WinWorld.

Your loving, sarcastic founder,
Duff

Comments

• Thanks for letting us know. Sometimes stuff happens and there is nothing that can be done about it. We appreciate what you have done, and whatever the situation is, we'll hope for the best.
  • Now i see why there are less download links! About a year ago there were 3 download links now it is just one. :(
  • When i found the massive library of iold Windows stuff here on WinWorld, i knew i was gonna be back, when i was regularly downl;oading, i decided to join the WinBoards. And if we have to give up mirrors to keep this site going, hten so be it Duff. You,stitch,and SomeGuy do what you need to keep this alive. Best of luck and have a good one
    Newb WinBoards User,
    Timjames474
  • Great!
    I have known this site for years. A very useful library!
    Registe today, a little late... Ha-ha
  • Update!

I'm back in the loop, or slowly getting back into it that is. I'm still dealing with a mountain-sized pile of IRL stuff but I miss this loving, friendly community so much (lol). I'm enrolled in a full-time IT program now, and plan on using WinWorld for some of it, might see a small influx of visitors.

I'm looking into getting a cheapish Kimsufi or SoYouStart box to act as another North American mirror in the near future when finances permit.

That's all for now folks, thanks for flying WinWorld.
  • Welcome back WinWorld and thanks for knowing us.
  • Duff wrote:
    Update!

I'm back in the loop, or slowly getting back into it that is. I'm still dealing with a mountain-sized pile of IRL stuff but I miss this loving, friendly community so much (lol). I'm enrolled in a full-time IT program now, and plan on using WinWorld for some of it, might see a small influx of visitors.

I'm looking into getting a cheapish Kimsufi or SoYouStart box to act as another North American mirror in the near future when finances permit.

That's all for now folks, thanks for flying WinWorld.

Welcome back man. What IT program are you in?
  • It's through my local college, the course name is just Information Technology, but I'll be concentrating in Systems/Networking Management & Security in my second year.
  • Welcome back! Nice to hear that all is well and that your in IT.
  • Hi Duff!
    Hope life goes well, though that would be a miracle.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file