Unable to Download Windows Neptune

edited October 2015 in Site Issues
Hello,

I've been trying to download Windows Neptune for awhile now.

I however am having an issue.

It says problem loading page in Firefox after I select the download link.

File: Windows Neptune 5.5 build 5111,
Server: I can only see the mirror 3 which gives the error, all other servers are not showing for me. I can see their sha values but no link to download from them.
Usually, for other packages server 1 works reliably so I end up using that, but I can't in the case of this one.

Thank you very much for your time and I look forward to any assistance you are willing to provide.

Thanks,

Brandon

Comments

• This, this, 100% this.

I am growing extremely tired of "beta child" mentality of not putting forth this thing called critical thinking. I've made several announcements and status updates of the situation. This is really getting old. Beta Children are the absolute worst and I wish they would stop coming here.

Ugh.
  • stitch wrote:

This, this, 100% this.

I am growing extremely tired of "beta child" mentality of not putting forth this thing called critical thinking. I've made several announcements and status updates of the situation. This is really getting old. Beta Children are the absolute worst and I wish they would stop coming here.

Ugh.

I think it is BA's fault because now their FTP is locked down.
  • dosbox wrote:
    I think it is BA's fault because now their FTP is locked down.
    It's actually a much bigger problem. This world is full of stupid people who can not and will not think for themselves. In many places it is even culturally unacceptable to think for ones self. These are the sort of people who believe everything Fox News tells them, and still believe the fairy tales their parents told them when they were little. Fortunately most of these kinds of people are too stupid to even know what a computer is.

But a few of them find their way in, and putting up a big sign saying "No Fucking Shitheads" will not keep them out.

Combine that with the result of Microsoft's astroturf marketing. They intentionally "leak" pre-releases to the public, while making a buzz about yada yada yada features, and then shake their fingers at them telling them how naughty they are for having them. Altogether, Microsoft does a good job of making the kids feel like they have something special.

But none of them have ever had to test production software against pre-releases, file bug reports, crack open a debugger, or deal with a critical API that has been removed or crippled. Betas are NOT fun or cool.

Oh, but it has pretty new application icons!!11!1!! Jiz, jiz, jiz, jiz...

Occasionally there is a major shift or something that makes a pre-release historically important. But that is very uncommon.

The worst part about all that is if a software product doesn't have the word "Microsoft", "Beta", or the number "10", then nobody sees the value of archiving and preserving it.