Midtown Madness

edited October 2014 in Software
I have to say that my favorite genre of games would be racing games. I enjoy SuperTuxKart, as well as the more realistic Torcs, but most of all I enjoy Midtown Madness 1 and 2. There's just something about that series that I really like. I think it has to do with the amount of freedom you get (you can drive around a whole city with no restrictions), and I actually like the graphics even though they're from 1999.

What do you think?

Comments

• I used to be obsessed with MM1 and MM2 a lot (even made a couple mods), but honestly I gone off to better games like Half-Life and Counter-Strike. Here and there I do play AOE2 (and SW: Galactic Battlegrounds), but not a whole lot anymore.
  • edited July 2014
    Have been a fan of Midtown Madness 2 myself since ~2002.
    MM1 is not bad too but honestly I found MM2 is more faster and flexible than 1st version, running on same system (Old '96 laptop: Pentium-III, 64MB RAM, Windows 98) in addition to more cars etc.

Oh, and hello again, glad to be back to WW
  • Lol, remember playing MM2 on an XP machine. Now runs in a Win2K VM. Still a lot of fun...
  • scheurneus wrote:
    Lol, remember playing MM2 on an XP machine. Now runs in a Win2K VM. Still a lot of fun...

Both versions work fine most of the time for me on Windows 7 (although I think I had to use compatibility mode for MM1).
  • sometimes when I'm driving and I see someone run a red light or pull some crazy sh*t I remember Midtown Madness.

I prefer MTM 2 with the modded cars, just awesome.
  • To me it was a clone of Driver and NFS.